What is individual counselling?
Individual counselling is confidential treatment, focusing on further developing one’s insight, coping mechanisms and strategies to excel in personal, work, or a variety of life goals and challenges. Some concerns may be the impact of a certain behaviour on yourself, on others, how other people’s challenges impact you. Our counsellors are trained to identify challenging frames of thought and build on strengths to change these behaviours. A counsellor can be a sound-board for you to bounce ideas off of, a neutral perspective on a certain dilemma, or they can be someone to clarify your thoughts and feelings through a difficult time in your life.
See our list of specific concerns that our counsellors are trained in:
• Feeling stuck, feeling alone, searching for happiness
• Feeling overwhelmed, social anxiety, specific fears
• Trauma: sexual, childhood events, accidents, breakups
• Grieving: death of loved ones, end of relationships, loss of self (identity)
• Career: work-life balance, money, life goals
• Challenging behaviours: substances, eating, spending, technology